1. What gross yield or return could be received from the property? (You can then compare these calculations against different properties/investments)
2. Will you let it out to an individual, family or multiple people?
3. What are the prospects of future capital growth for the property and location?
4. What is the potential rental income you can get from the property?
5. What is the demand in the area for the type of property you are investing in?
6. Who is your ideal tenant?
7. How easy will you be able to sell the property if and when the time comes?
8. What are your short and long term plans for the property?
9. What impact will buying the property have on your ability to purchase more properties in the future?
10. What will be tax implications of you buying the property?
*This article is for general awareness only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. The law may have changed since this page was first published.